AS220 Community Printshop Manager
(30 hrs / week)
The Printshop Manager’s primary responsibility is to plan and organize resources of the Printshop on many time scales: everything from day-to-day operations to weekly workshops, monthly meetings, seasonal scheduling, and annual budgets and events. The ideal candidate is good with organizing people and has skills in the printing processes taught at the Printshop.
The Printshop is part of the AS220 Industries, a self-sustaining, earned income approach to building community and providing resources and education around a variety of crafts and media. The Industries is comprised of two other programs: AS220 Media Arts and AS220 Labs. Program Leaders work together to identify best practices and standardize systems around access, membership and programming while focusing on the individual needs of their respective programs. The manager works alongside the printshop facilities manager and reports to the Industries Director.
Printshop manager duties include:
- Maintain the printshop web page information and social media channels
- Foster, manage, maintain, and grow relationships with members, AS220 Staff and larger printmaking community
- Write class descriptions and update content in online shop
- Collaborate with Communications Director on communications campaigns
Education and Programming
- Coordinate affordable workshops to the public on a quarterly basis
- Coordinate internships and assistantships
- Facilitate the relationships between Printmaking AIR and Keymembers
- Collaborate with Youth Studios staff on youth programming
- Organize public events to connect with Providence and Printmaking community (BikeFest, Prov Public Lib)
- Shadow and assess classes, review course evaluations
- Run monthly keymember meetings and participate in monthly open houses
- Assist in pre-press and digital preparation of files for printshop users
- Plan and maintain Printshop budget with Industries Director
- Visioning and long term plans for the shop
- Track income and compare to budget
- Weekly check requests and deposits
- Maintain online shop for Printshop workshops and fees/supplies
- Maintain online resource reservation system content
- Collaborate with staff and development office on resource-raising
- Respond to funding opportunities as needed
- Organize and execute the Biannual Print and Works on Paper Lottery
- Coordinate printshop’s participation in annual events such as the Foo Fest, Holiday Sale or RI Maker Faire
This is a part-time salaried job at 30 hours. Annual compensation is $28,860.
Prospective candidates should spend some time on our web site, as220.org, before applying.
95 Mathewson St, Unit #204
Providence, RI 02903